brad shores's Discussions (55)

Discussions Replied To (49) Replies Latest Activity

"I have stripped off paint and i have also stripped off thermal tape using a heat gun…"

brad shores replied Dec 30, 2018 to Repaint used pans?

2 Jan 9
Reply by Jeffrey Brown

"Hello Beth... looks to me like the hangers are just in the wrong spot. You might hav…"

brad shores replied Dec 31, 2017 to Odd pan layout

1 Dec 31, 2017
Reply by brad shores

"Hello Wim If you to my web site  www.tropicalshores.net and look under "supertracks"…"

brad shores replied Nov 11, 2017 to Background music

1 Nov 11, 2017
Reply by brad shores

"Hi John... I would add that double seconds music could utilize lower notes on the sc…"

brad shores replied Feb 15, 2017 to Solo Sheet Music for Double Seconds

2 Feb 15, 2017
Reply by brad shores

"Yes that it what i thought it was... the one problem i see is that this eliminates a…"

brad shores replied Oct 31, 2016 to New to this

6 Feb 12, 2017
Reply by Chris Garner

"There used to be a thing called a "Midi" pan... it had slightly different note patte…"

brad shores replied Oct 17, 2016 to New to this

6 Feb 12, 2017
Reply by Chris Garner

"Im not familiar with that kind of a pan, but maybe someone is on this site.    As fo…"

brad shores replied Oct 17, 2016 to New to this

6 Feb 12, 2017
Reply by Chris Garner

"i have yused 3 in the past"

brad shores replied Aug 6, 2016 to Playing with Four Mallets on Lead

3 Oct 11, 2016
Reply by Tony Bongiovanni

"Hi lori, I had a note like that years ago, and some tuners told me that it was just…"

brad shores replied May 19, 2016 to Pan Sound - Need tuning or just the way it is..

7 Aug 6, 2016
Reply by Chris Garner

"I have a case that I purchased from Panyard many years ago and it is very sturdy."

brad shores replied May 6, 2016 to Air Travel with Steel Pan

6 May 16, 2016
Reply by Lori

RSS

Blog Posts

C Lead Tenor Pan for Sale

Hello,

I have a C lead tenor pan for sale for $1200.  I purchased it new from Alan Coyle earlier this year.  It is a Calypso Pro series pan. 

I would be happy to provide recordings via email. …

Continue

Posted by Lori on June 9, 2019 at 1:18pm — 1 Comment

Pan tunes 9 pics

Posted by brad shores on May 15, 2019 at 7:11am

Pan Kat

Alternate Mode Pan KAT

Up for auction is a Pan KAT Midi Steel Drum that I used to play reggae tunes.  I have had the Pan KAT for 10 + years but really only used it for about a year to play solo steel drum and some Jimmy Buffett tunes for friends (I am a guitar player).  The original unit cost about $1,800 without the case and I am offering it up for $825 plus shipping.  I used an older Roland MIDI sampler (not included) for the steel drum sounds but IndigiSounds (YouTube link…

Continue

Posted by brad shores on January 30, 2019 at 9:44am — 1 Comment

Advanced pan technique

So there are lots of books and videos on how to play pan - all the ones I've seen are for beginners. Anybody know of Advanced technique books? I see LiamTteague does a beginner book- I would love for him to do one for more advanced players.

Posted by Eric Rollnick on November 29, 2018 at 2:09pm — 4 Comments

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by brad shores.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service